Sunday 12 January 2014

Our First Adventure



 "New Year's Eve," I read on my calender as it was the last thing in my empty room. I thought of all the New Year's we had spent here, and I just couldn't believe I wasn't spending this one here. At the time the new year felt like nothing. This was it, this was the adventure we had all planned for. But I didn't want to leave. This is the first home I'd ever made! I didn't feel all that up about leaving. But there was nothing I could do about it. I just had to embrace it, and make the most of it. At first I kept telling myself it was over, but now I know that it's only just begun.

I walked outside and got in the car. I caught one more glance at the house as we drove away.


The house looked so magical with the snow just finishing it's sprinkling upon our red and white gingerbread house. I loved our house. All the memories. Well I just had to make new ones.

We drove through Lander and I tried to capture as much of it as I could.


 Just as it disappeared, the beautiful  view of Red Canyon came into sight:




For the first two hours of the trip I felt empty and alone, but after awhile I started to feel at peace.  

Just as I finished a yellowish hue erupted from the mountains, somewhat like the sunrise. "What's that?" asked T.J.

"That's Salt Lake City, said Mom. 

We kept driving in only to see a large mountain. But then the millions of lights arose like a broken star. It was so amazing and beautiful! Surprising for Salt Lake City huh. ;) "Is this what Sydney will look like?" I asked in a excited tone.

"No. It will be more beautiful," said Mom.

I thought of a city more beautiful, and the peace I felt became excitement. 

"We're really close!" said T.J., "You can see it from here!" We were going to stay at a hotel the day before we left, and it was supposed to be a fancy one. Beautiful lighted trees were lined up next to the hotel to set off a New Year's theme. We drove into the archway and the golden spinney doors were too fancy for one-hundred and nine a night. There were two hotels: The Grand America which was a five diamond hotel, and the Little America where we were staying. "Oh! So this is the Grand America!?" I asked.

 "No, this is the Little America," said mom. "THAT is the grand america." She pointed to a HUGE, VERY well constructed building across the street. It honestly looked like a palace! So........ my mouth gaped opened. ;) 

With bags in my hands I trampled over to the golden doors and entered within. It was amazing. There is no other way to put it. There was a marble floor and a VERY wide, carpeted spiral staircase! It also had several chandeliers all over the plaza that belonged in a palace! "This is going to be a real adventure!" I said.



But this was only our fist adventure out of many.

After we had taken a THOROUGH inspection of the lobby, we headed down to our two rooms. Ana and I were finally NOT sleeping with any of our other family! We felt so grown up. :) It seemed like hours waiting for the parents to come down to dinner, and when they FINALLY came, it was a even longer waiting for the seating.( Fancy huh! :D) 

When dinner was served, it turned out to be more fancy then the whole "seating" thing! After our four course meal, I decided to take a trip to the bathroom. But this was NO bathroom, it was practically a fancy house! It had a entire hallway full of stalls! These weren't smelly icky stalls like the ones you would want to get out of, they were COVERED from the floor to the ceiling with marble! Every stall had it's own door and smelled of lavender! Not only that, but to add to that, there was a entire dressing room! And this was a PUBLIC bathroom! 






Normally I would be WAITING to get out of a bathroom, but I actually WANTED to stay in here! I've  never seen a NICE bathroom!!! "This is one of the fanciest things I've ever seen!" I said to Ana.

But this was nothing compared to what we were about to see!

Find out in the next post!!! :D

 I'll put the photos in after this post. I couldn't find my camera cord. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment